Education & Training
Undergraduate: Vanderbilt University B.A.
Graduate or Postbac if applicable: Tulane University M.S.
Medical: Vanderbilt University M.D.
- Efficacy of olfactory training in patients with olfactory loss: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Pekala K, Chandra RK, Turner JH. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2016 Mar;6(3):299-307. doi: 10.1002/alr.21669. Epub 2015 Dec 1. PMID:26624966
- Chronic invasive fungal sinusitis associated with intranasal drug use. Pekala KR, Clavenna MJ, Shockley R, Weiss VL, Turner JH. Laryngoscope. 2015 Dec;125(12):2656-9. doi: 10.1002/lary.25429. Epub 2015 Jul 7. PMID: 26153255
- Loss of HNF6 expression correlates with human pancreatic cancer progression. Pekala KR, Ma X, Kropp PA, Petersen CP, Hudgens CW, Chung CH, Shi C, Merchant NB, Maitra A, Means AL, Gannon MA. Lab Invest. 2014 May;94(5):517-27. doi: 10.1038/labinvest.2014.47. Epub 2014 Mar 17. PMID:24638272
Abstracts and Presentations
- Pekala KR, Jacobson DL, Thomas JC, Tanaka ST, Clayton DB, Pope JC, Brock JW, Adams MC. Does the Primary Etiology of Bladder Dysfunction following Augmentation Cystoplasty correlate with improved Post-operative outcomes? 2016 Vanderbilt Graduate Medical Education Research Forum. (Poster)
- Pekala K, Chandra R, Turner JH. Efficacy of olfactory training in patients with olfactory loss: a systematic review and meta-analysis. 2015 ARS at AAOHNS. (Oral abstract)
- Pekala K, Theobald B, Kelly K, Greeno A, Wellons JC, Shannon CN. Serum Glucose and Temperature predict prolonged Seizure activity and Mortality in Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury. 2014 American Academy of Pediatrics. (Oral Abstract)
- Pekala K, Clavenna M, Shockley R, Turner J. Chronic Invasive Fungal Sinusitis associated with Intranasal Drug Use. 2015 ARS at COSM. (Poster)
- Pekala K, Theobald B, He L, Monk SH, Wellons JC, Shannon CN. Serum glucose and temperature predict prolonged seizure activity and mortality in pediatric traumatic brain injury. 2014 AANS/CNS Pediatric Section. (Poster)
- Pekala K, Kelly K, Leathers J, Caldwell R, Greeno A, Unni P, Wellons JC, Tullipan N, Shannon CN. Glucose Levels are Predictive of Prolonged Seizure Activity. 2013 AANS/CNS section on Pediatric Neurological Surgery. (Poster)
- Westrick AC, Monk SH, Kelly KA, Pekala K, Leathers JS, Shannon CN. Identifying trends in abusive head trauma patients: First steps in developing a multidisciplinary clinical protocol. 2014 AANS/CNS Pediatric Section 2014. (Poster)
- Westrick AC, Kelly KA, Pekala K, Leathers JS, Monk SH, Shannon CN. Clinical Factors are Predictive of Increased Resource Utilization in Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Patients. 2014 AANS/CNS Pediatric Section 2